Monday, January 16, 2012

In the Waiting

I haven't posted in a while, and I guess I could say there's been a lot going on.  A lot of nothing, it may seem.  I am (sometimes) patiently waiting for God to reveal what He wants me to do next.  Where I'm supposed to live, where I'm supposed to work, etc.  In the last month, the people in my life have made apparent their very specific hopes for what happens, which is why I found myself so touched by two things lately.

1) Yesterday, a friend prayed for me and my current "up-in-the-air" situation.  He didn't just pray for things to "work out".  He echoed the cries of my heart in his petition for endurance through uncertainty, for open eyes, and for God's glory whether that mean me staying in Sacramento or moving to Paradise.

2) These words from another friend: "No matter if you end up here or in Paradise, I hope you know what a champ you are.  And that you don't forget that you are capable and worth it.  Keep that drive you know you have - that is sometimes hard to muster up, but God gives us strength for each day and He sustains.  No place is succeeding or giving up.  Seeking the Lord's heart wherever you are is all it's about."

God is SO good.  He is good in Sacramento and He is good in Paradise.  I am no longer worried about giving up, letting people down, or planning.  I'm not thinking about what I want.  I don't even know what that is anymore.  I only know where God has me right now.  I will put my all into this place in this moment while I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment