Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September Fourteenth

This morning as I sat quietly with my journal, I was moved to pen prayers of praise.

"Thank you so much for being everything I need and being able to fulfill me completely."

"Thank you for showing yourself to me as a faithful provider."

"I don't want to let myself forget your faithfulness, God.  I want to praise you for it daily."

I sat silently for a moment, basking in God's goodness and just loving who He is.  Then I turned back in my journal to one year ago - September 14, 2010.  I found a prayer so similar to the one I had just written.

"Thank you for being present with me."

"Thank you for giving me all of the things I need, in exactly the perfect timing."

"Thank you for taking care of me endlessly."


Psalm 63:3-5 "Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you!  I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer.  You satisfy me more than the richest feast.  I will praise you with songs of joy."

1 comment: