Monday, July 9, 2012

Beautiful Truth


I wrote this last Thursday, July 5th...

This morning I read Psalm 72. Here are some things about God in this text:
God wants rulers/leaders to be just and righteous.
God cares for the poor, oppressed, weak, and needy.
God helps us know how to treat people.
God is worthy of fear.
God does wonderful things
God is glorious and worthy of praise forever.

These are only some of the beautiful truths about you, God. You are so wonderful and worthy of praise. You are ever molding the hearts of your children and revealing yourself to us. It is only because of you that I have life. Every good thing in my life is from you and belongs to you, Lord. You are worthy of more praise than this. You are worthy! Your name brings me gladness because in you I find identity, peace, hope, friendship, romance, counseling, laughter, strength, and wisdom. I wake up knowing that each day is an opportunity to be with you. I go to sleep knowing that every moment to come is protected by you. You are my Everlasting Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment