Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Future Filled with Hope

One month away from being a college graduate, I spent a great deal of time today applying to positions in the food industry.  It felt a little like going backwards.  At times I feel I'm forever stuck in "student-hood" and always transitioning from one thing to the next, each more temporary than meaningful.

Jeremiah 29:11-14 (CEB)
I know the plans I have in mind for you, declares the LORD; they are plans for peace, not disaster, to give you a future filled with hope. When you call me and come and pray to me, I will listen to you. When you search for me, yes, search for me with all your heart, you will find me. I will be present for you, declares the LORD, and I will end your captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have scattered you, and I will bring you home after your long exile, declares the LORD.

1 comment:

  1. We will chat about this on Tuesday, yes?

    But until then; it is absolutely fine and certainly not a step backward to not walk directly into a full time career immediately after graduating.

    In fact, I believe there is wisdom in the patience it takes to be prepared for life after "student-hood".

    ReplyDelete